Native Employment Officer
The Native employment officer, at the M'kmaw Native Friendship Centre, is one of fourteen Native Employment officers located across the province. This program currently has no funding dollars but can assist with the following areas:
• Access to information regarding employment opportunities, Occupational and labour
• Assistance with career decision making.
• Providing a quality client needs assessments.
• Providing on-going counseling services utilizing individual and group sessions.
• Assisting clients to develop and commit to a career action plan.
• Working with clients to identify and overcome barriers to employment.
• Provides employment services and programs that are required to meet clients' needs
within the community.
• Provide Employment measures such as life skills; resume writing, job finding clubs,
work readiness workshops and job search skills, etc.
• Arranges interviews and contacts employers.
• Conducts follow-up of client's progress.
• Referrals to other programs and services available to clients both internal and outside
their local community.
• Promote partnership responsibilities with clients, employers and the Friendship Centre.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with various community groups.
• Visits employers in the surrounding area.
The People you need when you need them